Friday, August 18, 2017

Mr. X and the Waitress in the Donut Shop.... CW @ Swank

Are you ready to bebop with "Betty" and go to a sock hop? Or would you rather meet the waitress in the donut shop? I saw this fabulously authentic diner at this month's Swank replete with the pepto bismol pink waitress outfit and roller skates!!! I knew this diner was for me... and of course, I could not get this song outta my head... keep reading....

Let's talk about the exterior of the Diner... fabulous... it comes with an immersive street scene replete with gaslights, trees, blacktop and even vintage cars... and, yes, that sweet little red "vet" is Mr. X's --I prefer the pink fins, they will match my cat eye glasses.... and, it's pink!


And, the inside, there are booths with sweets a jukebox a bakery counter and a back counter area... it is beyond retro right down to the shape of the ice cream sundae glasses, black and white floor, lights and coke machine!!!!

And..... "Sweet "heart" - But it doesn't beat for me- It beats softly in love, but not for me...... Sweet lips ----I know I'll never kiss- You're what I'm afraid I must miss....."I'm a waitress in the donut shop I see him on his morning stop.

He talks with a buddy speaking of his sweetheart. She gives him a rough time. He gives me his dime. And then parts. Soft sighs. Soft and pretty moans. In dreams I can make you my own...........I'm a waitress in the donut shop. I see him on his morning stop. He talks of love but he's speaking of his sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment