Monday, August 19, 2024

Maiden of Summer - Luxe Paris and Heartsdale Jewelry

When I close my eyes I see Coventry House. In the darkness, as I lay down to sleep, I see the stone frontage in the glow of the late afternoon. The sunlight glints off the upper windows and the air is heavy with the scents of magnolia and salt. Ivy clings to the porch archway, and a magpie pecks at the lichen coating a limestone roof tile. Smoke seeps from one of the great chimneystacks, and the leaves on the unfilled lime avenue are May green and cast mottled patterns in the long drive. 

Everyone is just out of sight. I can hear the ring of the drinks tray being prepared; on the terrace, a bowl of pink camellias rests on the table. And in the bay,  fishing boats bounce on the tide, nets cast wide, the slap of water against wood. I wait for him as I am not exiled yet.



Those summers were long and hot. I remember it all, or at least I think I do. And, yet, he remains, a smooth pebble of a memory. Coventry, Coventry. As though if I say the name enough I can go back again. It doesn't seem that long ago to me. I have replayed each moment so often in my mind that  I hear my own voice in every part. On the page we live again, young and unknowing, everything yet to happen.



Gown - Bali by Luxe Paris - made for maitreya (worn) Larax, Legacy Classic  Starmesh, Senra

Necklace and Earrings - Headsdale Jewelry- Maghron Collection - this set comes in either silver or gold and is inspired by Moghul Jewelry of the 18th century and is set with multi-colored stones including rubies and emeralds - who says diamonds are a girl's best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment