Sunday, February 7, 2021

Anastasia... and the White Nights of St Petersburg -- Luxe Paris...

“They say that nothing good or happy goes on for very long, or rather does not last, but in my opinion, the same is true for the bad, it should also all end sometime, right?” - Olga Romanov (trans Helen Azar)” From the Diary of Grand Dutchess Olga Romanov, the older sister of Anastasia

When I think of Anastasia I think of the youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas II that was brutally murdered in a cellar in Yekaterinburg by the Bolsheshvicks in 1918. Wearing this I would like to daydream about a what - if... and how she and her beautiful sisters, Olga, Tatiana, and Marie would have been the bells of the ball... Wearing this channel Anastasia as a young woman... at a glorious ball under the full moon, the diamonds that are like sparkling stars, and the glittering lights of the gilt and glory that was St. Petersburg, 1913,  in the Winter Palace.


I love the sable fur jacket, intricate midriff made from the thread of silver, and the long luxurious silk velvet ball gown skirt... it is something that is perfect for the white nights of winter... in  St. Petersburg... in the Amber Room... waiting for the perfect Grand Duke to catch my eye and whisk me off and onto the dance floor...


If you are looking for an elegant winter gown, this is it... I adore it... just as I love the northern lights... riding in my troika snuggled up with my Grand Duke... one of my favorites is Grand Duke Michael Romanov... Tsar for a few hours... only... brother of Nicky... so valiant and so handsome...killed in Perm, his body has never been found.


Anastasia comes with this gorgeous fur hat and, better yet... the hair in all major colors - it is a godsend and makes it so easy to wear the hat... no struggling to get the right hair! Thanks, Luxe Paris for this!  It also has glorious silver and obsidian buttons that are so beautiful and add so much detail to this already detailed look. Anastasia is made for mesh bodies.


Wearing  - Anastasia by Luxe Paris 

LM - https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bao/89/43/26

Inspiration - The Diary of Olga Romanov - Witness to the Russian Revolution

https://www.amazon.com/Diary-Olga-Romanov-Witness-Revolution/dp/1594162298


No comments:

Post a Comment